We recently advanced our dens to the next rank and subsequent to that one of the den leaders hadn’t enter the World Conservation Award for her cubs and now can’t do it for their previous rank. Is there a way to go back and enter this ? The council said we might be able to do a paper advancement report?
In Scoutbook you can go to each Scout’s membership page, put an end date in the current rank membership then go to the former rank membership and clear the end date. If there is not a green shield, you will need to go back into that membership and click the approve check box.
After adding the World Conservation Award, reverse the process to move the Scout back to the current rank.
Unfortunately there is no way to do this with multiple Scouts simultaneously.
Here is another option:
- Have a Pack Admin go to the den page of the old rank (for example: Wolf den for current Bear Scouts).
- Click on the “Reassign Scout(s)” button and temporarily move the Scout into the den.
- Add the World Conservation Award.
- Go back to the Scout’s current den page.
- Click on the “Reassign Scout(s)” button and move the Scout back to the correct den.
I used Ed D”Avignon’s solution and it worked. Just a little cumbersome. Thanks for all your help!
Using Jennifer’s method is easy, but it will both end and create a membership entry for each change. If you want the membership record to be simple, then, after all the changes, go to the scout’s membership tab and:
- delete the current membership which you started today.
- delete the same day past membership in the lower level den which you created today.
- delete the end date in the past membership the scout had before you started this process.
This will remove the extra membership entries and leave the scout with the same membership s/he started with.