Entering Leadership positions

How do I record Troop Leadership positions?

Internet Advancement does not track leadership positions. If you want to track them, you should use Scoutbook.

How do I convert to that?

Hi, @marcellareinhart,

The advancement database for IA2.0 and Scoutbook is the same, so there isn’t any conversion, per se. You should not use IA2.0 and Scoutbook at the same time, however, since they operate slightly differently, and can produce apparently conflicting results (e.g. marking items as Awarded is an automatic step in IA2, but requires intentional action in Scoutbook, so that leaders can actively track whether or not a particular award has been presented to the Scout).

Using Scoutbook involves logging in at www.scoutbook.com with your my.scouting username and password. The interface is reasonably self-explanatory, IMHO, but I’ve been using Scoutbook now for several years (since before the BSA purchased it).

There are a number of good getting started guides here, as well as a variety of other how-to and FAQ documents at the same site.

My Troop has additional leadership positions not listed in the scoutbook dropdown.How do I enter these positions for my scouts?

@EricMuller - what positions are you looking for, and I would gather that they are outside of the scope of the standard leadership positions as listed in the handbook.

1 Like

Yes They are not among the regular listed positions. Our troop has several positions we have made over the years that we consider important, I.E.: a community service coordinator position , a fund raisng coordinator position etc. I would like to be able to record these positions in scoutbook. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Eric

@EricMuller - are those scout positions… as they seem like committee functions.

1 Like

we have scout positions for them , which report to committee. We feel they are good to have the scouts directly involved .

I did not see an answer to this question about custom leadership positions. We also have some positions in our troop that demonstrate considerable leadership that don’t fall in the list of typical positions (scribe, historian, etc.). We end up having to track these separately on a spreadsheet rendering the scoutbook leadership tracking incomplete and less than useful.

Neither Scoutbook nor Internet Advancement support custom positions.

How do I enter leadership positions?

@KevinBates1

In Scoutbook go to the Scout’s page and click Scout’s Leadership. Click +Add.

Is there a way to mass add leadership? I thought I saw it once but I can’t recall.

Updating youth positions of responsibility? I think you can do that using the Feature Assistant Extension.

Thank you yes! One computer has the extension and the other doesn’t so that’s where I was confused. Appreciate it.

1 Like