Error attempting to transfer between Transatlantic and Mayflower councils

(If you are reporting an issue with My.Scouting, please include all of the following items so we can better assist you:
1) Hardware: Desktop or Mobile (if mobile, please be specific)
2) Operating system
3) Browser
4) Browser cache has been cleared or you are using a private browsing mode (aka Incognito Window in Chrome)
5) Member ID & Council of person affected
Thank you!)

I am attempting to transfer my son between TAC (Transatlantic Council) and Mayflower Council #251 (Massachusetts). I start new application (on beascout website), search for my son’s current ID - 13469558 which is found, get the transfer warning screen and select “Transfer” and get confirmation screen and select “submit transfer” which then returns error: Our apologies, but we are experiencing an error on our end. Please contact your local council to report it.Error: not allow to transfer, because given appliedToOrgGuid, existingOrgGuid are not belongs to same council. If I’m reading this right it is telling me that the two troops are not in the same council which is exactly what I’m trying to do (transfers between councils). So, is there a solution to this situation that will allow the online transfer process to work?
Regards,
George

@GeorgeLordi_III - I do not think you can transfer between councils on line… it would be a paper application.

It should work with BeAScout - the appliedToOrgGuid sometime applies to the user doing the work. Was this from your account or the Scouts Account? Try the other.

1 Like

I was logged in to my account (parent). I will try the scout’s account and let you know what happens.

Forgot that he does not have an account since he is under 13 yrs old and cannot have scoutbook account. So, cannot try the transfer under his account. The error message really sounds like it does not like the council to council transfer but the documentation says it should work but maybe it only works for councils within the USA? Since, we are transferring from Europe to USA maybe this could be why the error message is generated? Thoughts.
George.

@GeorgeLordi_III he has account using his email as user name - logged in 3/17/22 ???

Same as Scouts scoutbook log in

You are correct. I was able to log in as my son. However, the system responded that you must be 18 yrs or older to register. So no luck with this approach.

usually it defaults to a pop-up that says a new BSA # has to be generated. Paper App perhaps then

@GeorgeLordi_III so are you seeing this page? Or do you get error after you click transfer?

It functions on test server so that is not much help.

Yes, I get to the page that say “submit transfer” but instead of the “your transfer has been submitted”, I instead get the error that says " Our apologies, but we are experiencing an error on our end. Please contact your local council to report it.Error: not allow to transfer, because given appliedToOrgGuid, existingOrgGuid are not belongs to same council".

Could you try on your test server the transfer between “Troop 0112, church of Christ Paris” and "Troop 0185 St. John the Evangelist? I’m still thinking the problem is a transfer between a Non US troop and a US troop. Be interesting to see if it works on test server or not. I saw your test and it looks to be a US to US council transfer.

@RonaldBlaisdell can you find out if beascout has been tested for transfers from TAC and FEC into a US Council?

I am in a meeting (non-Scout related) in Orlando and have sent your emails (both) to Michael for comment.