Father / son Record issue

I have a problem with a father/son with the same name being crosslinked. I think they have the same email that made this happen.

son: 134367081
Father 12557944

Thanks for any help!

PS: I may have this problem more than once, but please check this first. Many of our scouts were registered with the same email as their parent? not sure.

will look at it - I advise you to advise council to NEVER enter a parents email in for a Scout when registering

@GoodloeWhite - what makes you think they are crosslinked? it looks fine to me

@GoodloeWhite

Does this Scout and parent have the same FN, MN and LN? If they do not, let us know and we will send a private message. Do not post their names here.

Yes, they do.

When I edit the nickname for the father,I see it show up on messages sent to the son.

Well parents get all messages sent to their Scouts so the father would be getting it

Scout can’t be invited to connect to his account. I need to show names to show what I’m seeing. Can we shift to private channel?

Well Scout has logged into account but I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Ok, i think i got confused on this one. Sorry. I see where he connected. I thought I was looking at the child record when it was the parent.

no problem - it does seem the system does not like same names sometimes

I have a similar situation (son and I share name).

Two things I was told to do:

1. Never, ever, ever, EVER use same email address.
  2. Make the dad use his middle name or initial on everything while the son never uses it. Helps in terms of keeping things straight.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.