Fixing Rank Completion Date

That date question is interesting, though. The 2/21/23 date is prior to at least two of the MB completions so I’m not sure how that’s even possible.

My observation here is they appear in the order they were approved

2 Likes

Thanks. Just to make sure I understand, are you saying that is by design or by mistake? The Eagle app and SB palm pages appear to populate MBs by completion date and it is only the SB rank page that populates by approval date, at least in this case. If that is how it should be working, great, but I just want to clarify as it seems inconsistent.
Ben

@BenjaminGroverman - the observation does seem to match what i see in my son’s case. The important thing is that they are correct on the rank application as it is only concerned with date completed while scoutbook has approval and awarded dates. The scoutbook rank pages are a visual representation and the will flow to the ranks correctly. I dint see the major concern if the rank app is correct.

I agree that the rank application populates correctly and we can absolutely get what we need from the system in that regard. Where I disagree is with your statement that they will necessarily flow to the ranks correctly as a visual representation in SB. If that were the case, we wouldn’t be seeing the same MB both on the rank page and the palm page and another MB not accounted for anywhere in the ranks/palms. Again, I don’t know if this situation is somehow particular to my son’s case (in which case, I would like to correct it if I can) or whether some of the pages in SB are coded to populate MBs by approved date and others by completed date. If you all are telling me it’s the latter, I can live with it but it does seem to be inconsistent and potentially confusing.
Thanks,
Ben

@BenjaminGroverman - here are some screenshots from my son’s record: Eagle Rank Page, 1st and 2nd palm and overall scout page:

palm1

Thanks. Most of those don’t have approved dates so it’s hard to draw any conclusions. Can anyone actually see behind the scenes to ascertain whether the Eagle page and the palm pages populate MBs based on different dates (completed vs. awarded, for example)? At this point I’d just like to know why Programming shows up in both spots and Snow Sports doesn’t show up anywhere.

@BenjaminGroverman - perhaps an audit report may give some info basing the report on the date range in question

DEVS have replicated this in Test Server - and are still trying to figure out why it is happening

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.