Need to edit date of advancement

Hello!

I have never had trouble editing an advancement date before.

I usually just unclick approved, hit save, then change the date

Now I’m getting error messages that say “all dates must be past X” Yep! I know! I’m not sure why the system let it be entered incorrectly in the first place!!

When I click at the top to try to unapprove or change the date I get the error message that says “please check the date because req 8 was completed before this date” When I click on #8 to change the date I get the error message that says “cannot edit because it’s already been approved.”

Please advise

1 Like

@RebeccaClark what exactly are you trying to change?

@RebeccaClark

What date are you trying to change? Different awards and ranks have different checks. Knowing what you are trying to do will help us figure out what is happening.

If you provide the Scout’s BSA Member ID (no names), we may be able to determine what is going on.

ID # 126947842

His Life date should be 9-16-2019 NOT 8-12-2019…which is too soon

Like I said, I’m not sure how the system allowed it to be erroneously entered in the first place!

First unapprove > then try changing the BOR date

What was the date of his BOR? This is the date of his life rank, not the date it was leader approved.

I have tried unapproving and changing the dates. I keep getting errors. LIke I said, this is not the first time I have had to change a date so I’m not sure why its not working this time.

His board date and rank date should be 9-16-19

Try approving his Den Chief position

It may be failing because his Scoutmaster Conference Date is 8/18 which is after the BOR date. I don’t know why the system even let those dates be entered.

Try to clear the dates on Reqs 2 and 7 since they are both 8/18/19.

I had tried unapproving #7 already but that didn’t work. I just unapproved #2 & #7 and then went to unapprove #8 and it says “You cannot edit this rank requirement because it’s already approved.”

LOL you’re seeing my problems!!

I changed the SMC to 8-12-29 then hit save and it took. Then I tried changing #8 and it wouldn’t let me. I changed the SMC back to 8-16-19 and it let me hit save!! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!? HAHA!!

@RebeccaClark

You won’t be able to change Req 8 (BOR) until the Leader Approved check box is cleared from the overall completion, however, you may have uncovered a bug in that it won’t let you clear Leader Approved.

@RebeccaClark I can setup a screenshare to figure it out if you want

suggestions? I need to get this straightened out to turn in his Eagle application. LIke I said, I have no idea what happened!

I recently had another similar issue where a MB date was changed some how to EARNED 9 months prior to all of the individual components ??? I was able to fix that one but again, No idea how the system even allowed that to happen!

yes, Donovan! Please help!! HAHA!

@RebeccaClark have you tried changing date in Internet Advancements?

Your dates are old enough that we may not have had checking in place at the time the data was entered.

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

@RebeccaClark look for the direct message in the top right of screen in the Blue Circle with White R