Getting message "Location Map URL: Please enter a valid URL" when trying to save a new event

I am getting the message “Location Map URL: Please enter a valid URL” when trying to save a new event

1 Like

Are you using the Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook?

I have the same problem. I use the extension, but even when I’ve disabled the extension (the latest version, 0.47.0.2, updated Feburary 25, 2021) and reloaded the page or logged out and logged in, I still have the issue. I’ve checked for spaces in the map URL, and nothing seems to work.

This is in both Firefox and Chrome with the extension disabled, as well as Edge with no extension installed. Therefore, the problem is with Scoutbook, not the extension. In Edge, I took out the URL and it worked. I tried using the “share map” feature in Google Maps, and the shortened URL worked in Edge.

what is the URL you are trying to use?

Yes I was. I had input an address in the Location field and then it wanted a Location URL. So I went to Google maps and input the address there and copied the Share link but that didn’t work. I tried copying the entire address from the search bar and that did not work. I even tried typing in google.com but that did not work either. So I bailed out of inputting the event and started over, making sure to NOT input an address in the Location field and instead put it in the event description box.

Yes I was. I had input an address in the Location field and then it wanted a Location URL. So I went to Google maps and input the address there and copied the Share link but that didn’t work. I tried copying the entire address from the search bar and that did not work. I even tried typing in google.com but that did not work either. So I bailed out of inputting the event and started over, making sure to NOT input an address in the Location field and instead put it in the event description box.
Also I was using Chrome as I have always done. I have put addresses in the Location field before and never had issue until this morning.

This issue is reproducible if you trigger an error in the invitee list. I.e., try setting less than 2 adult leaders. From that point on, you will not be able to save the event due to this location issue.

1 Like

Thank you Joe. That helps a lot. Up to now we have not been able to reproduce the issue for the developers.

I have had the same issue. The only way around was to cancel out of the event and start over.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.