Help with MBC registration

Hello, I am trying to register as a merit badge counselor. Currently registered as ASM, trying to add merit badge counselor. It seems there is a glitch with national, according to council registrar. Member ID 140604084. Can someone please help with this? Thanks!

@EthanLido - i think your best bet is a paper application along with the merit badge application.

Does your my.scouting.org profile show the MbC position?

No it doesn’t. Not in “my positions” in Scoutbook either.

@EthanLido

The last I heard MBC registrations had to be done via paper. Since you are not currently registered as an MBC, you will need to work this through your Council.

1 Like

@EthanLido

Yes, I submitted this application to my council, but there are some problems. I was wondering if there’s anything you can see on the back end.

YiS,
Ethan Lido

Did they specify what the problems were? That might help provide some guidance for anyone looking.

@EthanLido

I found 2 BSA Member IDs (MIDs) for you. One in Spirit of Adventure Council and one in Theodore Roosevelt Council, both with current registrations. Are you active in both Councils?

Neither has an MBC registration and you only need to be registered as an MBC in a single council to work with any Scout.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. I submitted the application in Spirit of Adventure council, as I’m away in college in MA. I am also registered in my home troop in Theodore Roosevelt when I come back over the summer.

YiS,
Ethan Lido

Due to neither having MBC, you will want to work with the Spirit of Adventure council to see what the status is and why they haven’t updated your account yet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.