How to Activate Your Unit For the Advancement Sync

I have a message (for my brand new troop) that says

Upcoming Subscription Changes: As we migrate Scoutbook to the BSA’s advancement database of record, all Scouts within an active unit subscription will need to be in the advancement sync. All units using Scoutbook are now required to activate the sync before completing their next Scoutbook subscription renewal. If your unit is having difficulties activating the sync, please review the instructions and videos here: http://bit.ly/syncadv. If you still have problems, send an email to: Scoutbook.support@scouting.org. Member Care will help you to activate the youth advancement sync.

However, that link is broken. What’s more, when I try to click on the email, it just takes me to that broken link (of course I can just type in the address to my mail client, but it’s irritating).

Jim,

This is a bug. You should not see that message. Your unit is already activated for advancement sync. I’ll report it to the developers.

1 Like

You say it’s already activated, but when I go to Edit Troop, Advancement Sync does not seem to be activated. Indeed, though I am the Committee Chair, it doesn’t show me as a Key 3 member.

Jim,
Are you listed as Committee Chair in Member Manager at my.scouting.org? Are you logging in to Scoutbook with your my.scouting.org ID and password?

Scoutbook is showing me as the Committee Chairman. Yes, I’m using the same login in both places. However, if by Member Manager, you mean Menu>Legacy Web Tools>Manage Member ID at my.scouting.org, when I select that, all I get is an error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.UserDisplayEditPageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

However, the fact that I don’t see my Troop listed under the Menu at my.scouting tells me that it hasn’t been completely processed yet. So I should probably wait a couple of days and try again; I just wanted to report the broken link.

Jim,

Once you are a Key 3, there will be a link for Member Manager under your unit in my.scouting.org.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.