In-progress MB delisted

I just got a note that my council uploaded a new MBC list and for some reason I wasn’t on it. I had an active MB with scouts that were partially done. What happens to those records? Is there not a check for active MB work before just delisting someone? We were doing gardening MB and the kids that have been growing stuff for months just vanished from my queue!

Glenn

Glenn,

Your MBC position ended on 4/20/21, thus, after the grace period, the position was removed from Scoutbook as you are not authorized to sign off on Merit Badges.

Once the Council gets your registration fixed, you will need to have connections to the Scouts you were working on added back, either by you with the Scout’s BSA Member ID or by a unit leader or their parent.

1 Like

Is there not a communication and verification process? I had no idea I was dropped in April. I just signed up with council for those MB less than a year ago and had active scouts doing gardening MB all spring and I signed two off over the summer.

Glenn

You need to talk to your council on that

Yeah, this is a common issue across councils. I’m not sure why there aren’t more robust communication practices, but I’ve noticed that folks sometimes get dropped unintentionally through operator error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.