Internet Recharter 2.0 Sandbox Environment

@BARBARABARFIELD - hence the term sandbox. It is not live data.

5 Likes

@RonaldBlaisdell

Do you know which council position normally received the generic password when it was finally distributed? Neither my council’s registrar or program director have seen it. And there are conflicting BSA references to using the normal My.Scouting credentials and the “generic” ones. Some councils have published a specific generic one which fails for me, but I’m not a “Key 3”.

Use your user name and password. The generic password didn’t work out like they wanted.

Thanks @JohnGeiser . That is consistent with what the national registrar just sent to our registrar. However, it seemed odd that several councils have a specific password posted on their websites if there wasn’t one. And there were a lot of references to “generic” password, including this thread. So I thought it best to try to confirm.

1 Like

If you are a non-unit Scouter, there are generic usernames & passwords you can use.

Yes, thanks. I have had those since last week.

The concern is being able to answer questions from units and our commissioner teams. And how a unit accesses the sandbox and what they see are among those.

You should be able to see that info now. What’s missing?

There is no “live” data - so I am wondering what’s missing?

@FarrellGerbode - the purpose of a sandbox is for testing functionality. It by nature is not live real data. I think a lack of understanding the purpose is at play here.

So I recruited the registered CC of a troop to verify that he could log in to sandbox using his usual MyS credentials. He sends back an image showing him getting “Error Invalid username and/or password. Please try again later.” on Internet Advancement. He also sent an image of him logged in to the unit on advancements.scouting.org using the same credentials.

Am I missing something? (And, yes, I verified that Roster shows him as the registered CC for the troop.)

@FarrellGerbode they also have to have a charter ending 12/31/21 - all other units are restricted for now

@DonovanMcNeil All of our units expire 12/31/21.

is google sign-in supposed to work with the sandbox? or are we supposed to go back to using username and password?

I tried google sign-in and got an error

I am true Key 3 and charter expires in 12/31/21

however I do have other roles in other units (Crew associate advisor and Pack advancement chair)

@FarrellGerbode please check with your council and have them submit a ticket then.

1 Like

@AngelaKoch please check with your council and have them submit a ticket.

I was able to access the test environment without issue and we are on a 12/31 expiry

Following up on my earlier report - I’m still unable to log in to the sandbox environment. My Council registrar has submitted a ticket.

Our Council recharters in January. When will the sandbox and IR2.0 open for us? I am Asst. Council Commissioner and am needing to answer unit Key3s. We have a training next Saturday for our Commissioners and Key3. Thank you.

Reasonable guess, since the 12/31 opens on 10/15; I would expect we’ll see the 1/31 open on 11/15. But I will not know 100% for certain until Friday.

Can anyone confirm that “Key 3 delegates” are not permitted to use the IR 2.0 sandbox?

One of my test cases is a delegate in a pack. She was able to log in to advancementspp.scouting.org and see approximately 2 year old unit data in the Internet Advancements window. However, she did not see the “Recharter” link in the sidebar.

Our registrar opened a ticket and the Support response just came back “The Key 3 Delegate doesn’t have access to the Sandbox.”

Farrell -

When it went live only Key 3 had access. They never ended up granting +3 access.