iOS App Calendar not showing events that are in Scoutbook

I searched for this issue and found a closed thread from 2 years ago. Is this still an issue or am I doing something wrong?

A parent brought this to my attention and it seems she was not the only one.

I’m really trying to get all our data in one place and Scoutbook is not doing me any favours. It seems like the whole BSA web app presence is just one big BETA release at times.

My calendars seem to update fine on my phone. We get occasional reports of this, but I don’t know why.

Are you talking about the MyScouting App calendar? The calendar and announcements features that are in there are orphan features that got removed from MyScouting. They never worked right to my knowledge. They have no connection to Scoutbook. They removed this stuff from the Web-based MyScouting, but the Android MyScouting app still has them, and I’d presume the ios app does too. I don’t have an ios device though to confirm.

Yes, they are still there and should be removed. At least from the interface even if it isn’t deleted from the code.

No. I am looking at the Scouting app. Not the my Scouting app.

I’ve noticed that events to which neither my scout nor I are invited don’t appear in the app (nor, for that matter, in the Upcoming Events listing on My Dashboard in Scoutbook). Have you been able to verify that the events the parent isn’t seeing have the parent and/or scout invited? I know the developers will eventually ask a question like that. It’s the equivalent of the traditional “Did you try rebooting Windows?” :^)

I’ll also admit that I find the app less than ideal for most purposes, and I’ve recommended that parents and scouts use the web interface rather than the app. None of it is perfect, but I’ve found that trying to support the unit’s scouters, scouts and parents on the Scoutbook platform interface is a lot easier than trying to support them on all of the various interfaces (SB, IA, app) at once. Fewer bugs to stay on top of if nothing else.

I believe the target audience for the Scouting app is the parent, so I don’t have a good way to try that experience.

Hi. I have a parent that is having the same issue. She says that she gets the email notifications for events and for RSVP but she cannot see any events on the calendar. It used to work for her. She said it stopped working in August and has an Android phone. Thank you.

@LenoraBarnes If you post the parent’s BSA member number or Scoutbook userID, we can take a look. (No names, please.)

Thank you.

Her BSA member ID is 134312540. She has an Android phone, not iOS.

I appreciate your help!

I had the same issue. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, then everything appeared again on the calendar.

1 Like

Thanks for posting so others can try the same fix!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.