Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Issues since accounts merged

Hi, I need assistance with getting my scoutbook and my.scouting.org profiles sorted out. I ended up with three different member IDs, two my.scouting.org accounts and two scoutbook accounts. Member ID X was created when i was loaded in as a lion parent 137102806. Member ID 13661942 was created when I completed my YPT to apply for leadership. Member ID 137129305 was created when they finally processed my application as cubmaster.

I need to make sure both 137102806 and 13661942 have been merged into 127129305 and then deleted.

Now, I previously accessed my.scouting.org and scoutbook under the username jefffred05. That profile was for approximately 1 month before a new one was created when my cubmaster app was finalized. All training for all 4 cub scout positions and BALOO were completed under this profile. The cubmaster application then created a new my.scouting.org and scoutbook login that I currently access under the username 3537cubmaster. That profile has access to all the key 3 unit tools needed in my.scouting.org.

I then asked my council to merge the two profiles. This seemed to have caused more issues than it solved. The jefffred05 profile is still active but no longer linked to my child or unit. This profile can/should be deleted in my opinion. The 127129305/3537cubmaster profile required me to update the SSO to get it to work but now shows all scouts as duplicates. When I look at a den as a den admin or pack admin it appears correct. However, when I go into the roster every scout is shown two times. When I look at the individual connections on a particular scout, it shows my name twice. Clean old connections does not work to resolve the issue. My fellow pack admin and I tried to remove all of my positions that grant access and re add them to see if that would fix it but were unable to resolve the problem. I believe the root of the issue has to do with either the SSO update or the merge creating some sort of phantom duplicate that I can no longer remove.

So far it looks like completed in full training was recorded under 127129305/3537cubmaster and have access to everything I need under this profile. Just need to resolve the duplicate issue and delete the other account/member IDs.

THIS profile, is the one I use to use that does not have the key 3 tools linked to it nor access in scoutbook. However, it is what i did all my training on and i had a few things that were in process. I am FINE (and prefer) deleting this account as long as all completed training has been updated on the other profile and the duplicate scout issue in scoutbook is resolved.

Jeffrey, please log in to your preferred my.accounting account. Then go to:

Menu -> Manage Member ID

and add your BSA member numbers there. Make sure that your BSA member number associated with your registered Cubmaster position is designated as “primary”.

Then log in to Scoutbook using your my.scouting username and password. Next:

My Dashboard -> Administration -> My Account -> Switch SSO Profile

and make sure that your primary BSA member number is listed there and also your correct my.scouting username and password. After that, log out of Scoutbook, then log back in.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Hi, I have done both things and am still dealing with the duplicate issue. I was unable to add the old member id numbers to the newer profile as my.scouting.org says they don’t exist. This is probably accurate and correct.

I beleive the root of the issue is my profile has duplicate connections with each scout that i am unable to remove. When i look at each scout, my name is listed 2 times under their connections. I can not delete the connections and all update does is change the job/role listed by my name. Attached is a screen shot where every scout is shown twice in my scoutbook roster.

Have you verified that the scouts aren’t listed as having two current memberships in your unit? I’ve had a couple of those where a scout appeared twice in my roster.

I have. this is a new issue that occured when my two scoutbook accounts were merged. EVERY scout is duplicated for my user account only. I have looked at the scoutbook roster with a different pack admin’s login and they do not have the same issue.

The problem is rooted in each scout having a duplicate connection to me. Like I said before, we removed all roles and re added them but am still dealing with the issue.

Jeff, please try resetting your Cubmaster and Pack Admin roles. Here’s how:

1. Go to your Pack Roster page in Scoutbook.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Cubmaster role.
  4. Make sure the box is checked next to “position approved”.
  5. Click Update
  6. Repeat for your Pack Admin role.

See if that resolves the issue for you.

I’m having a similar issue. I have two different accounts. One that has connections to all of my scouts including my children and scouts in my troop. So all of my Scoutbook is rooted in that number. Then I have another account that is a scoutmaster number. It is connected to no one in my scoutbook, not my children or any of the scouts. When I add the new number to scouting.org, I can see the applications and have greater control, but I have nothing in Scoutbook. Is there a way to merge these two numbers?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.