Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

JSON error when creating Service Hours entry with two or more members added

I am getting an “Error validating JSON” when trying to create an entry in the Service Hours log:

Error validating JSON. Error: - Invalid type String, expected Integer for userId - Invalid type String, expected Integer for userId (org.mule.module.apikit.exception.BadRequestException)

but only when I add two or more members to the event. I can successfully create the event when no members or a single member is added to the event. To add multiple members a work around appears to be creating the event first (with no members or only one member added) and subsequently editing the event to add other members.

I have passed this on to the developers.

Thanks for posting this. I’m having the same issues. Happy to know it’s not just me.

Same here. I have had it pop up for camping, hiking, and service, but not every time. I did get it to work one time but have not been able to figure out what I did differently to make it work :(.

I’ve tried entering just 2 people to a service activity and when I save it, I get the following error:
Error validating JSON. Error:-Invalid type String, expetec Interfer for UserId (or.mule.module,apikit.exception.BadRequestException)

Here is the message one my ASMs got. I entered the same info and didn’t have any issues.
1608213105254blob