Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Loading Resources...please wait

Anyone else getting this message with the spinning wheel? I have tried Chrome and Edge browsers and 2 different computers…same issue. Tried calling Help Line in Texas but apparantly the phone call center is no longer supported. Tried emailing myscouting.org and they replied with auto-reply deferring me to local council. Ugh.

Try using an incognito window in Chrome or Edge. That has often worked when I get the loading spinner.

1 Like

Thank you. I tried that and the loading time is reduced. Appreciate the help.

I can log in and use most tools, but can not get Training Manager to load at all. Anyone found a fix for this?

Gary - If you are using Chrome, then use an Incognito Window. The same is true for any other browser you are using, you want to use a “private browsing” window.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-turn-on-private-browsing

There was a technical issue yesterday (9/7) afternoon causing problems. IDG was notified and my testing showed it was resolved. See if it works now.