Logging activities to the activity log

I have a registered tiger den leader (based on charter) which is also a den admin and den leader in Scoutbook that can only add activities to the activities log for himself. Based on this link Recording Activities in Internet Advancement and Scoutbook - Scoutbook Knowledge Base He should be able to create activities and add scouts and leaders to the activity. Can you help me understand why he can’t add others to the events he creates?

Can you provide his bsa member number?

The leaders info is attached.

Sarah Blaesing

[Picture removed by moderator for privacy.

BSA member number 125989076]

I am having trouble accessing the activity logs so I can enter adults and scouts for a campout. I click onto Quick Entry and then click on Activity Logs. I then get sent to Internet Advancement and get an error message. Not sure why this is happening.

Please post the error message.

Also, what are your registered and functional roles within the unit? Not every adult scouter has access to edit the activity logs.

Brent Brasseaux

713-667-5457 Office
832-741-0448 Cell

Gulf Coast Pavers
3402 Mercer St.
Houston, TX 77027
www.gulfcoastpavers.com

advancements.scouting.org.pdf (507 KB)

(Attachment PastedGraphic-1.tiff is missing)

I am a registered ASM. I’ve added people before but have not been able to save the file. Now I can’t even get to the Activity Logs to enter the names.

Brent Brasseaux

713-667-5457 Office
832-741-0448 Cell

Gulf Coast Pavers
3402 Mercer St.
Houston, TX 77027
www.gulfcoastpavers.com

Brent Brasseaux

713-667-5457 Office
832-741-0448 Cell

Gulf Coast Pavers
3402 Mercer St.
Houston, TX 77027
www.gulfcoastpavers.com

advancements.scouting.org.pdf (507 KB)

That looks like a cache issue. Try using an incognito window to see if you can get in.

I’m having the same issue as stated above and getting the same generic error message. I tried using an incognito window and it wouldn’t work either. I’m a registered SM with all the admin privileges in Scoutbook.

I am having the same issues with any activity log. I click to edit my own activity log and get sent to my.scouting.org internet advancement and a pop-up says the following:

“No internet advancement access. It looks like you don’t have the right Scouting role to access Internet Advancement. Only Youth, Parents, Key 3, Key 3 delegate & Unit Advancement Chair roles have access to Internet Advancement. What would you like to do next? Take me to: “Scoutbook” button or “My.scouting” button or Logout”

I am the SM, have Troop Admin roles, am a Parent to 3 Scouts, and have my own profile that I manage. This is the first time that I have ever had problems even inputting simple camping logs, etc for myself or our own Scouts. Much less accessibility to Troop reports and adding activities.

YIS,
SM Seth Long

This has been reported to the developers.

1 Like

Is there a status update? The issue still exists for me.