MB Counselor List missing a just defined counselor

I added merit badge counselor role for a district and STEM. It shows trained and all the merit badges have a green check mark.

But the merit badge counselor is not shown on the MB Counselor List.
How do I get the merit badge counselor to be seen in the MB Counselor List.?

Some councils are now uploading their own lists to scoutbook. If that’s the case in your council, you’ll have to wait for council to update their list in Scoutbook

2 Likes

I am confused

Perhaps a Scoutbook expert user can explain what is going on here. I assume it is about listing of MB Counselors at the unit level where a council is not submitting a council-wide list for the Scoutbook MB list. Am I correct the list being generated is a local unit list?

Merit badge counselor

Registration

• " Merit badge counselors are registered and approved on the district level and all applications must be approved by the district merit badge counselor coordinator before the application is entered into the BSA membership system" - Registration Guidebook, 2019, p. 25 .

SB unit list?

• MB counselors can select how they are listed.
  • The Scoutbook tools do not list a MB counselor if the counselor’s youth protection training has expired.

STEM Nova Award Program v.s. Merit Badge Advancement Program

My understanding is that merit badge counselors, stem nova award counselors and supernova mentor positions are non-unit positions with different qualifying and registration rules.

References

Related discussion

Can a parent add them self’s as a merit badge counselor or does an administer do it.
of course they are registered just not sure who does the work.

If your council is not managing the list on Scoutbook, then a unit Admin can add them. They can also add themselves, but would need a unit Admin to approve the position.

1 Like

I don’t know if they are but the counselors are not listed on are scout book account. I will need to add them myself the parents that are listed don’t have there merit badge listings under them.

If it allows you to add the MBC position, then your council isn’t uploading its list. If not, you’ll have to talk to council about why the parents aren’t appearing on the list. It may be a matter of frequency of uploads, or could be an issue of BSA ID mismatch.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.