Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

MBC connection and access for Crew members, including over 18

Greetings!

I am remote counseling an MB for a Crew and have 2 issues.

#1 I have 2 brothers connected to me as an MBC for the MB. One shows to me in a Troop and I can see his MB that we are working on with the completed requirements signed off, but his brother who shows to me as in a Crew I am able to enter MB requirements through Quick Entry but not see the MB in advancement or anywhere else. I have been granted full control to the second Scout in the Crew and only an MBC connection to the first in the Troop.

#2 There is an 18yo Scout in the Crew who is not able to be connected to me as am MBC. The Scout is Female, which I doubt would make a difference.

Any ideas? I can work around the first issue by just entering everything for both at once, and can just send a blue card at the end on the second one, but would like to use the features as designed.

Thank You!

Jason,

For #1, under My Dahsboard -> Administration do you have a My Merit Badge Counseling section? It should have an Edit Merit Badges for MB Counselors link. Do you not see the one brother there?

For #2, did the Scout earn First Class in a troop? Only members of a Crew that earned First Class while a member of a troop can work on Merit Badges.

Ed,

First, thank you for everything you do!

I see only the brother showing in the Troop under the Edit Merit Badges link. Both brothers show up in the quick entry section. Under My Connections i see the brother in the Troop with View Profile and Approve Automotive Maintenance MB, and the other brother shows with all the pieces of a full connection plus the MB. An interesting note is the brother in the crew does not have a unit showing in My Connections, but I can click and view his profile and the crew he is in. I just notices the lack of the green check mark, so I will have the membership approval verified.

I will check on the older Scout.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.