MBC information not showing in my Scout Book

I have seen similar issues in the threads but unfortunately was not able to reply as they are closed.

My account seems to be missing mbc functions.
I am not sure what needs to be done to add.
I am linked to a council and see the merit badges checked that I am authorized to do.
I did notice my SB id is not the same as my member id, so not sure if that is the cause.
Below is screen shot of what I see on my dashboard.

Which MBC functions are you expecting to see? Are you by any chance thinking of the tools provided by the Feature Assistant Extension? If so, is the extension installed and running on the browser/machine you’re using?

The Scoutbook User ID shouldn’t match the BSA Member ID, since they are two different database indexes. That said, if the BSA Member ID in Scoutbook doesn’t match the one you see when you login at my.scouting, you might have an extraneous BSA Member ID. That can happen for a variety of reasons, but most commonly because some part of the PII doesn’t match up.

I assume you’re logging in to Scoutbook with the same credentials that you use to login to my.scouting? That’s what registered scouters (unit/district/council scouters) should be doing to endure that everything matches up correctly.

I setup a sync but not sure your council has entered MBs for you - go to my.scouting.org and sign in then look at profile

1 Like

Thank you Donovan,
Yes!!! Actually I do see them in my profile, but that’s the first time I have seen that.

When I go back to scout book though I do not see the Merit badge items( honestly not sure what the menu is called) for some reason the other day when I first logged on I had access to the everything, but that did not last long.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Frank Rakowski

Sent from my IPhone

@FrankRakowski

Check tomorrow. The position sync process runs overnight.

Okay great thank you

Sincerely,

Frank Rakowski

Sent from my IPhone

@FrankRakowski looks fixed

Yes! Looks great :+1:t3: appreciate it.
My only other question now is, and it may not matter -
On my profile I used to see NESA member but that was replaced with the district I am currently working with
Does that matter? I don’t want to break what is working but was just curious if it makes a difference. I should be registered as a MBC for all scouts.

Sincerely,

Frank Rakowski

Sent from my IPhone

You can click on MBC position to set availability. NESA info would be in my.scouting.org kind of

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.