Merge 2 Parent/Leader Accounts

Hi,
Somehow I ended up with two accounts. I have been using Scoutbook under member ID 13075066, which has the proper connections to my pack and my children. However, I have now learned that this was not the same account I was using on Scouting.org. All my training records on scouting.org are under member ID 13736233. Is there any way to transfer my training records from 13736233 to 13075066 and then delete 13736233?
Thanks!
Justin

You can log in at my.scouting and use Manage Member ID to add both numbers. Make the BSA member number associated with your leader registration “primary”.

Then log in to Scoutbook using your my.scouting username and password. If needed, you might need to go to My Account - Switch SSO Profile to switch to the correct BSA member number.

Unfortunately the tool under “Manage Member ID” is not working for me.

1. If I try to add the scouting.org account (13736233) using the scoutbook account (13075066), it gives me the following error: “Failed to persist membership. Reason: User name is empty”
  2. If I try to add the scoutbook account (13075066) using the scouting.org account (13736233), it gives me the following error: “The provided Member ID does not match the existing user profile.”

Thanks for your help.
Justin

@JustinPreikschas I sent you a private message. Please look for the indicator on your avatar in the upper right of the forums. (Your avatar is a green “J”). Or you can also check your e-mail.

I have the exact same issue and received the exact same error when trying to use the Manage Member ID tool. I’d like to follow this conversation so that I may resolve my issue as well.

@jasoncraig2 If a BSA member number is missing your date of birth, then Manage Member ID seems to fail, because it cannot find a DOB match. Your local council should be able to help.

I was able to add a DOB in scoutbook to the account that didn’t have one, but that didn’t seem to help. I guess I will try to find someone in my council to help but not sure if they have someone for tech support.

It doesn’t help, because Scoutbook does not write membership data back to my.scouting. Your council should be able to update your date of birth with respect to that BSA member number. If they can’t do that, they should be able to combine the training somehow.

It might be a good idea for you to use the Training Validation at my.scouting and get all of your training printed out there to show your council.

Okay, thank you. I’ll give them a call.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.