Merge Account Profiles

Can an adult merge member ID’s when the first name is different? I have one who signed up as Mike in one, and Michael in the other. One is a Den Leader, one is an adult partner. Or does Council have to fix the names before merging?

@DanielWeber They can try, but usually if the name or DOB is different, then Manage Member ID will not work for them. If you post the BSA member numbers (no names please) we can take a look.

13996517 (Adult Partner) & 14045716 (Den Leader)

His YPT was done under 14045716

@Jacob Fetzer
Thanks for your help with my issue.

The_Kernel:

I have a parent (BSA #13139976 USER ID#2231008) that recently became an adult leader. When his app was submitted it seems they resurrected his account from when he was a scout. Everything is listed in that profile for his old council and his childhood address. His parent profile has all the current information including his OA dates and YPT and email address but it is using his informal name. The leader profile (BSA #130733141 USER ID #6654268) needs to updated or merged with his parent profile.
Can you help?

Show Quoted Content

The_Kernel:

I have a parent (BSA #13139976 USER ID#2231008) that recently became an adult leader. When his app was submitted it seems they resurrected his account from when he was a scout. Everything is listed in that profile for his old council and his childhood address. His parent profile has all the current information including his OA dates and YPT and email address but it is using his informal name. The leader profile (BSA #130733141 USER ID #6654268) needs to updated or merged with his parent profile.
Can you help?

I think I got this one straightened out. But let us know if it doesn’t seem right. He should be logging in with his user name that is not his email address”

I spoke to this leader and he doesn’t know a username, the only login he has used is his email address. What does he need to do to find his username/password so he can log in?

Thanks

@The_Kernel his user name is everything before the @ of his @att.net email - he can use forgot password

Thanks Donovan. Now if only y’all could wave that magic wand over recharter we would all be set. :slight_smile:

Good morning. I also have a den leader who needs two accounts merged.
ID #1) 117335341
ID #2) 135055775

His den leader registration is all under ID #1, but his older son’s info (Scouts BSA troop) and his YPT is all under ID #2. Would you be able to merge these? Thank you.

@DanielPowers2 this user is not registered as a Den Leader - Troop Committee Member on First ID - and only the Second IS is associated with a Scoutbook User

Okay. He is shown on our pack charter as a Den Leader with ID #1; maybe that hasn’t come through the system yet since he just became a den leader? Are you still able to merge his two accounts regardless? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

BSA #'s we cannot merge - sometimes councils can

Okay. So I’m assuming that we can’t do anything to clean this up unless council is able to merge the BSA ID numbers?

@DanielPowers2 I did Manage the MIDs - so training should be on both now

Thank you very much. Just a few minutes ago, I had another leader reach out to me about not being able to login to Scoutbook. It was prompting her to setup SSO, but when that was tried it said that the password was invalid. Changing the password through myscouting.org did not resolve the issue. Is this something you could help with? BSA ID: 133465668

@DanielPowers2 that user should be using the Apple Login to access scoutbook and my.scouting

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.