Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Missing Approved items on Needs Purchasing report

My Cub Scout den leaders have (under Quick Entry) marked as completed/approved for dozens of items; but these items are showing under “Needs Approval” report and not under “Needs Purchasing” report. I have checked individual scout records, and they show as both Completed and Approved. Not sure what to do to move them to the Needs Purchasing w/o manually doing it myself. Is there a bug?

I checked this thread, but it’s not quite applicable, as our scouts have had already marked “Approved”: Purchase Order missing items

@JenniferOlinger @jacobfetzer @DonovanMcNeil

they have to be approved to be on purchasing - so approve the items

Usually, I don’t have to Approve - the den leaders do, and they automatically move to the Needs Purchasing report. Has this process changed? Do I manually have to approve after leaders have already approved?

@DarcyStaley - perhaps some screen shots on those items in question may help point to a cause.

As I was grabbing screenshots, one of the den leaders I had spoken with before contacting you just texted me and said she got more items “fully approved”. I can confirm the Needs Approval report is reflecting the change, correctly.

I think what happened is, even though I was talking her through it, she hadn’t actually completed approvals. When I saw 156 items needing approval and she’d confirmed w/ a screenshot she’d already approved, I turned to your help.

Thank you, as always - keep up the good work. @Stephen_Hornak @DonovanMcNeil

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.