My profile is showing other units that I’m not registered with and I can’t remove myself

He cannot be ASM - he is too young - he could be a UCSR - Unit College Scouter Reserve

UP - unit participant - is a youth position for those +18 - like a time extension - or in Venture just for those above 18 as they have different rules the Scout has to follow

Just noticed Belinda H and Sihou J are showing as scouts too but they are parents.

Thanks so much for all your help this morning! I really appreciate it. Have a great rest of your weekend.

Moderator: Removed screen shot

did you do an online app for yourself or a paper app? @EdwardZee

Good to know, I’ll let them know about this specific designation for him.

@EdwardZee to fix the others I would need SB User # or BSA #

I thought ASM was 18+. Committee and Key 3 are 21+, no? Was there a change recently?

I recently heard ASM 21+ - have not dug into, and might be off the bankruptcy rumors???

I was originally asked to submit a paper app, but I don’t know if it was used. I seem to recall that the committee chair may have added me directly via invitation from my.scouting.org

Well @EdwardZee if that is the case it makes some sense - with invitation manager perhaps the default position is UP?

It shows that I’m not connected to them, so I can’t see the details. I’ll have to reach out to committee chair.

@EdwardZee the other answer is for the COR to go into Position Manager and change their positions

1 Like

That’s right. Yes I’ll do that. Thanks again!

Interesting. The adult app at https://www.scouting.org/resources/forms/ (2022 rev) still shows 18+ for assistant leaders, but I guess I’ll keep a weather eye out as well.

Should be Unit Participant (UP) if age 18+ and in a troop with a time extension.

Venturing Participant (VP) if age 18-20 in a Venturing crea or Sea Scout ship.

Fee paid BSA® position v.s. no-fee position

Merit Badge Counselors (MBC) are not registered with the unit. MBC is a council position (with MBC usually recorded in the membership database with a district they live in).

Having gone through it, I know a lapse in a paid-fee position registration be an issue if the paid-fee position is not restored before the MBC position.

To simplify registration some councils with limited registration staff have chosen to make all MBC available worldwide or council-wide.

Scoutbook goal appears to be to support MBC management for all unit programs that use merit badge completion as part of their program. (e.g. the path to Eagle Scout and the path to Quartermaster.)

California Scouting

Council registration staff maybe misunderstanding state law requirements. Councils (and units) in California have additional background check and training requirements, see FAQ at:

Registration year period(s)

Multiple registration years may be a computer programming issue. Historically September has been the start of the unit recharter period for some councils. - My council changed the MBC registration year to the calendar year for all districts. (I assume to simplify reports needed for legal reasons.)

2022-09-11-A

Thanks all for the additional information and context!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.