my.Scouting Position Manager v.s. Membership Registration

Just to get everyone here up to speed, there are two issues with my.scouting. The first is how to get a volunteer (me) access to the merit badge counselor report in my.scouting. No one seems to know the magic incantation necessary to give me access to the report.

The second issue is that in our council, for whatever reason, the report is blank. Our director of support services and our registrar both have access to the report but when they run it the report has no data. It’s completely blank. There are no merit badge counselors listed.

And, to save time, yes, we have people registered in Scoutnet as position 42. Yes they have merit badges assigned. Yes, they get pulled into ScoutBook through the automated system. All of that is working as anticipated. Just the my.scouting report is blank. And, unfortunately, you can no longer run a merit badge counselor report out of ScoutNet because “that’s been moved to my.scouting” (except it obviously hasn’t in our case).

My council has called, emailed, begged, sent smoke signals, pleaded, created help system tickets, etc. all with no results. No one seems to be able to fix it and apparently it isn’t a priority for anyone at national to address this.

So, I can’t get data out of scoutbook and I can’t get data out of scoutnet and I can’t get data out of my.scouting. So how am I, as the council volunteer who is over merit badge counselors, supposed to do my job?