In My Scouting’s Organization Manager->Position Manager there are a number of roles registered adults can be assigned to, either as a Registered Position or Functional Role.
Is there documentation to describe what my.scouting.org access each position grants a leader in the role? For example, is there any special access the Treasurer, Digital Product Sale Manager, or Unit Advancement Chair get?
Also, is there documentation about what the roles are for… Some are obvious and clear - Cubmaster, etc. but Digital Product Sale Manager, Registration Inquiry (vs. New Member Coordinator) I’m a bit more hazy on.
Thanks,
Ryan
It needs to be updated, but most of your questions are answered in the “Online Registration Unit Guidebook”:
https://www.scouting.org/resources/online-registration/
The Unit Advancement functional role makes the person an automatic unit Admin in Scoutbook (after an overnight process runs). It also grants this person certain privileges in Scoutbook Plus, which primarily looks to positions / functional roles at my.Scouting.
I do not know what the “Digital Product Sale Manager” role does.
This is pretty new (1/1?) and I haven’t see any announcements about it.
Do we have an update on this role?
I have people asking about it.
Good question. I haven’t heard of it since. Maybe ask through your council commissioner to see if they can bring the question up to the Council Service Territory?
If it is the Digital Sales thing - it sounds like something one SE wanted for their council to me
My council told me the ‘Digital Product Sale Manager’ functional role is intended to be used with this digital product sales platform: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/se-packet/2024-05-13/2024-NAM-Digital-Product-Sales-Platform-TV-Loop.pdf
That’s all I know. No idea if that platform is still up coming soon.
If found if you go to donations.scouting.org
→ Login using my.scouting credentials
→ Switch Role for your Unit
You can see your Dashboard for online Sales and setup campaigns if your Council has opted in to using the platform.
That’s an interesting find. I tried to create a campaign but couldn’t. I wonder if this was some pilot/prototype they were cooking up.