My.Scouting Tools FAQ

We now have an FAQ document on My.Scouting which you can find on the Technology page of the Commissioners website on Scouting dot Org:
https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/MyScouting-Tools-FAQs-revised-9-25-21.pdf

1 Like

This doesn’t seem right. All of these rules require an paid adult registration, no? I thought that a Functional Role is more of a title granted vs one that can be the role under which one is registered? Each “Unit Advancement Chair” requires a paid registration fee.

“A Functional Role is a specific assignment that does not require the volunteer to pay a registration fee. Example of Functional Role include Chartered Organization Representative Delegate, Key 3 Delegate, Registration Inquiry, Unit Advancement Chairman, Unit Training Chairman, and Youth Protection Champion.”

Q. What is the difference between a Registered Position and a Functional Role?
A: A Registered Position is a role you volunteer for which requires the payment of a registration fee. Example of Registered Positions include Committee Chairman, Chartered Organization Representative, Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, Committee Member, New Member Coordinator, Parent Coordinator, Unit Chaplain, Unit College Scouter Reserve, Unit Participant, and Unit Religious Emblems Coordinator. A Functional Role is a specific assignment that does not require the volunteer to pay a registration fee. Example of Functional Role include Chartered Organization Representative Delegate, Key 3 Delegate, Registration Inquiry, Unit Advancement Chairman, Unit Training Chairman, and Youth Protection Champion.

Yes this is wrong @RonaldBlaisdell - Only Paid Registered leaders of a unit can be assigned a Functional Role.

2 Likes

Maybe editing the answer as follows (markup inline below) would correct the error?

Q. What is the difference between a Registered Position and a Functional Role?

A: A Registered Position is a role you volunteer for which requires the payment of a registration fee. Examples of Registered Positions include Committee Chairman, Chartered Organization Representative, Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, Committee Member, New Member Coordinator, Parent Coordinator, Unit Chaplain, Unit College Scouter Reserve, Unit Participant, and Unit Religious Emblems Coordinator. A Functional Role is a specific assignment to a volunteer in a registered position that does not require the registered volunteer to pay an additional registration fee. Examples of Functional Roles include Chartered Organization Representative Delegate, Key 3 Delegate, Registration Inquiry, Unit Advancement Chairman, Unit Training Chairman, and Youth Protection Champion.

Comments? Rotten tomatoes? :grin:

3 Likes

Slightly different but “Parent Coordinator” no longer exists. “New Member Coordinator” replaced “Parent Coordinator” and “Unit Membership Chair”.

2 Likes

I have reported the suggestions to the authors of the document.And a revised document should be posted shortly.

4 Likes

@RonaldBlaisdell

I am still seeing a lot of HyperText link security problems in webpages and documents.

Where https://www.something/

Notes

• note: Some web browsers require a link without the trailing slant character.
  • note: Many web servers, but not all, with http: access will redirect to there https: connection. However this is less secure and adds another process to execute on the web server.

@Bill_W without specifics there is not much I can do. Why not just send me a message on the system with specific pages. I don’t handle the BSA website but I can get it into the hands that do.

@RonaldBlaisdell

Thank you for offering a communications path.

I think you are asking for errata document which is a lot of work.

Before we can update all the BSA documents, including this FAQ, we need a to know what the current URLs are for:

• web sites (webpage)
  • sub websites (web page)
  • apps
  • news documents (journals)
  • books
  • and more

I think that means an online library catalog and bibliographies, so we can have other volunteers reviewing all online documents.

More research and more forum topics will need to be opened , since this one.is marked closed. I was focusing on updating Lone Scouting resources lists, then publication style for diversity publications, now tool FAQs. This is becoming a multi-person project(s)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.