Name Change in my.scouting.org

Hi i mistyped my name when setting up my scouting account. It is currently “Ian Macdaondl” and i would like it updated to “Ian Macdonald” BSA 14224926, National Capital Area Council #082, Troop 1970. I tried emailing the Nation Capital Area council, but didn’t hear anything back.

Thanks

So are you registered leader or just a parent?

I am just a parent

Thanks

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Hi there! I did exactly the same thing. Also a parent. Could you help me with that too? Thank you!

@AmandaKnick Sign into my.scouting.org with your user name and password - go to My Profile and you can change spelling there

It don’t see any way to change the scouts name there. I can change my own name, but not my sons! Thank you!

OH Scouts name - if you are parent in Scoutbook you can go to advancements.scouting.org - open Youth Profile > Change name > click save at bottom

Hmm. I tried that. The name is not editable unfortunately.

oops looking at my account - council can change it for you

Can you help me as well? I gave my last name an extra “l”

Thank you!

@ChristopherPurcelll We can sometimes sync between databases, but it looks like that would not help this time.

Are you able to change your name at my.scouting? Try going to:

Menu → My Profile

You might be able to fix it there. If not, please contact your local council and ask them to fix it with their Registrar Tools.

Hi! I need to update my child’s name as well. Would someone be able to help?

@KristinMumby

If the files is locked you need to contact your council.