Need help with multiple accounts across councils

Edit: Corrected Kid 2 info. Copy-paste error.

I recently transferred from Sam Houston Area Council back to Last Frontier Council where I was registered before (2021, it was a short move). I tried to get the council registrar to reactivate my prior BSA number and associate that number to my kids, but that did not happen like I had in mind. I am tied to my kids from my SHAC ID and not my prior LFC ID. Also, I was issued a new LFC ID for my leader position in a unit. Thus, I cannot see my kids (who also moved to LFC) from my LFC ID, just my SHAC ID. Some of my kids got their old numbers, some got new ones.

Below, I have an outline of what I think I need changed. Can you advise the feasibility of this or how the plan should be changed? My end goal is to activate my LFC profile in Manage Membership and see all of my kids (4) in Scoutbook and MyScouting and all of my LFC units (1 now, I will add a couple more after this is resolved). If I were to activate my SHAC profile, I should see my kids from the SHAC point of view and the SHAC units to which I am registered. If both are not possible, the LFC point of view is more important going forward.

Me
Prior LFC ID: 133362565
Current SHAC ID: 137219969
New LFC ID: 14356515
My preference would be to just use my old LFC ID for association to my own kids and to my unit. If that is not possible, I can add the new one to MyScouting.

Wife
Prior LFC ID: 134407704
Current SHAC ID: 137248545
New LFC ID: 14356560
She accidentally put her maiden name on the paper application. The name has been changed, but there will definitely be a new profile. Her training associated to that new number is missing, for example. I think the easiest thing would be to eliminate the new number/profile and associate the one number/profile to the kids and unit.

Kid 1
Prior LFC ID: 133362549
Current SHAC ID: 137219968
This one got their old number back. I would just like to be associated to them via my LFC ID above, whichever will be used going forward. Same for my wife, both in Scoutbook and MyScouting.

Kid 2
Prior LFC ID: 136887917
Current SHAC ID: 137237334
New LFC ID: 14333312
This one got a new number. Similar to the adults, I think it would be easier to just keep the old number. Either way, the new number is associated to their account properly. Also, I would like to be associated to them via my LFC ID above, whichever will be used going forward. Same for my wife.

Kid 3
Prior LFC ID: 134407703
Current SHAC ID: 137237329
This one got their old number back. I would just like to be associated to them via my LFC ID above, whichever will be used going forward. Same for my wife, both in Scoutbook and MyScouting.

Kid 4
Prior LFC ID: N/A
Current SHAC ID: 13848729
New LFC ID: 14356582
This kid was not registered in LFC before, so no issue with their numbers. I would like to be associated to them via my LFC ID above, whichever will be used going forward. Same for my wife, both in Scoutbook and MyScouting.

Thank you!
Scott H

@Scott_Hall The Scoutbook side we can handle - the first thing you need to do is log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

So we know for sure what MID you want to Primary - on the my.scouting.org side only council can add Scouts to parents account there

@Scott_Hall Kid #1 - the system handled on its own
Kid #2 - your numbers are wrong

@Scott_Hall Kid #3 & 4 system took care of

@Scott_Hall your Wife’s accounts are fixed

@Scott_Hall once you get data for Scout #2 all would be fixed

@Scott_Hall looking at your parent connections in SB - I found Scout #2 and they are fine

Thank you, @DonovanMcNeil. I corrected Kid 2 in the original post.

I will have my wife check her account this evening.

For me in MyScouting, I see the new LFC ID (14356515) as parent for Kid 3 and 4. This ID is the leader ID in the pack, as well. I see the old LFC ID (133362565) as parent for Kid 1 and 2. No leader association to this ID. Scoutbook seems to reflect both situations, as well. I would prefer to have only one number per council connected fully. Can we consolidate my LFC connections 100% to the old number and delete the new one? Despite their connection on MyScouting, I do get a “another user is using the same e-mail address” warning in Scoutbook.

@Scott_Hall
email was on one Scouts account - that is cleared.
Like I said - on Parent and my.scouting - only councils can fix that

@DonovanMcNeil I missed that point about the parent-child connection. Thank you for all of your help. I will reach out to council.

I am a frequent requestor of services here (usually not for me) since I found out about the team. If you all ever need an additional hand or a district champion, I would be happy to help. These mismatch errors can be close to crippling for folks trying to be part of the program. I like when all works well as an enabler and not a roadblock.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.