Need to combine accounts

@DavidCiemnoczolowski,

On the my.scouting front, users can (usually) manage this ourselves. If your PII matches between the various BSA IDs, individuals can use Manage Member ID at my.scouting under the left side pulldown menu to link the separate IDs. If there are conflicts between the data (e.g. nickname instead of legal name on one account or errors in DOB), then additional assistance is typically required, usually from council staff.

I don’t know if the Member IDs need to be “managed” first, or if the SUAC folks can merge Scoutbook accounts (a separate task from managing IDs) without needing the IDs to be under management.

@DavidCiemnoczolowski Are your positions expiring in Greater St Louis Area?

I was hoping to renew them for one more year. GCC will not register anyone for Nova/Supernova, so this is the only way.

They accounts have been re-linked twoce before, but any time I add or remove a position they get unsynced again.

I understand the process for hopping back and forth between accountsn but when unlinked SB only recogized me as a parent to my son through the GSLAC account while most of my other activoity is through my GCC positions, so Id prefer not to do it as often as Ive had to

Thanks, David

Donovan, my Asst Cubmaster also has two BSA accounts can you please make 136935558 his primary and merge his secondary 13549952. Thank you.

@Butch-Moldenhauer

He has 2 my.scouting.org IDs, one uses his e-mail address, the other the portion of the e-mail address before the @. Which does he want to retain?

@edavignon The one that uses his full email address. Thank you. Note: both list his full email address in scoutbook. Not sure about my.scouting.org

@Butch-Moldenhauer

It is fixed.

@edavignon Thank you!

I have three new scouts that are in a den twice in Scout Book. Once with only a SB # and once with a SB # and BSA #. Please combine the following scout profiles.

Scout 1:
BSA 140423706 – SB 13276745
SB 13277607 no BSA

Scout 2:
BSA 140445852 – SB 13297688
SB 13300582 no BSA

Scout 3:
BSA 140424471 – SB 13276875
SB 13277584 no BSA

Thank you
Cubmaster Pack 1863

@Butch-Moldenhauer that is fixed an a good example of why to use online apps for scouts for fast registrations so you do not end up with doubles

I have two accounts somehow, one is linked to my kids and the other has my YPT certificate. Are you able to merge 14502787 with 14496012?

@DanMcLaughlin that is fixed

@DanMcLaughlin If you are planning to apply to be an adult leader, you might want to change your first name from a nickname to your legal name.

Thank you. The scouts used the QR code linked straight to our Pack. Not sure why it doubled up.

I am a dad and troop council member who somehow ended up with two accounts and so would like to ask your help in combining them. I am in the National Capital Area Council, Troop 1115.
Primary BSA member ID account- 120642682

Secondary BSA member ID account- 12878966

Please join the second into the first then delete the secondary account, leaving me with only the primary account.

If there is anything else you need to make this happen, please let me know. Thanks!

Erik Karlson
(removed by Moderator)

@ErikKarlson this is already setup for you

I have somehow managed to have to accounts, one has one son, the other has my other son. I would like to have these combined to see both my kids under the same account. Is that possible?

@ChristianDePasquale I think you are connected to one scout and made a user for your other scout with your email as a log in (you are signing in as the scout). Sign in with Google > go to my connections >. at the top of page there is RED text to add a parent connection

@DonovanMcNeil The second username might be for a second parent with the same name as the Scout.

good catch @JenniferOlinger did not look at DOB just the parent connection - either way the my connections solution is easiest fix

1 Like