Need two sets of Scoutbook/my.scouting.org Credentials

Hi I am active in two BSA Councils (Transatlantic and Crossroads of the West). I currently have one set of login credentials for Scoutbook/my.scouting.org which means I have to constantly change my Primary BSA MID. Ideally I’d like to have one set of credentials for TAC and one for crossroads and my profiles linked to each appropriately. Wondering if someone form SUAC could help out with this?

@KarlGray

Remove your secondary BSA Member ID from your current my.scouting.org account then create a new my.scouting.org ID.

1 Like

The only issue I see with that is that I will still need my training history/profile linked to both member IDs.

@KarlGray

After you create the new my.scouting.org ID with your other BSA Member ID (MID), you can go back into both to add your MIDs as secondary. Unfortunately, you will need to jump through hoops of switching the primary on each account anytime you take training to have it propagate to the other MID.

1 Like

Oh that’s not much to ask considering right now I have to go in and change ID 12-13 times a day! : )

Let me go in and try this later today before I mark it as solved/solution. I may have more questions or need further direction. Thanks!

1 Like

@KarlGray

If the system won’t let you create a new ID for your 2nd MID, the other way you can do this is just create a new ID after saying the found registrations are not you. This will create a new MID on the new account but you can then go to Manage Member ID, add your correct MID as primary and remove the newly created junk MID.

1 Like

So I can’t create a second account for the second member ID. When I put in my information under “Create Account” it pulls up my two registrations. If I select “none of the above” it tells me to contact my local council if I select the new second registration it guides me through the account recovery process which would get me back where I started with one account for two active registrations. Help!
:smile:

Does it maybe take time (24 hours?) to propagate through the network first? I tried doing the account recovery option and it’s still linked to my login UID even though the second member ID is no longer linked to that login.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.