New activity logs bugs

I’ve reported this to the developers

1 Like

I would agree that loosing data is bad. I think it is incumbent upon all to make regular exports for just this sort of thing.

1 Like

Another bug (with Scouting mobile app 2.0 - iOS version), the calendar no longer displays events from ScoutBook. It used to display events on the ScoutBook calendar, but now appears that those events are not displayed (I am guessing to erroneously display the "activities created in the new IA2 interface). Not sure how this one will be reconciled unless it shows both activities created in IA2 and calendar events in ScoutBook???

@AngelaKoch, I see the same thing for my son’s entries through the Scouting app interface (I don’t yet have access to IA2 to verify). The count is correct for historical events days/nights of camping, but the start and end dates are displayed as the same…

The bug here is that when you first go to the calendar, is says that there are no events for the selected month, even though the current month is clearly selected. If you actually click on the current month, it will show the events correctly. So, the bug is that the calendar first comes up with no month actually selected, even though it looks like the current month is selected.

1 Like

When I go to put in an activity it says I do not have access, only key 3. I am an advancement chair. Is it correct that only “upper” leadership has access to update camping, hiking, and service hours now?

1 Like

Thanks, @JoeMcKinley for the win! That’s it, when I click on the month, the events now show. Still seems like an odd bug as we didn’t have to click on the month to show the current month events (and not exactly intuitive when compared to the previous iteration of the Scouting app).

I am hopeful that they will incorporate logs back into SB at some point and that using the old Akela is only temporary. But I understand that there were some security control issues and “membership” owner issues with Scoutbook when handling accounts. Guess this is a workaround.

Any thoughts @edavignon?

@AdamSpence - the move to IA2 is not on the old platform. The old platform was the scoutnet IA module.

1 Like

@Stephen_Hornak @edavignon

It definitely looked very different from AKELA.

However, I think it still won’t be used as much until it is integrated into one place with Scoutbook.

But I understand the concerns underlying where it is right now. Hopefully, they can sort that out in the future and bring its new full functionality to Scoutbook.

Glad to see that it will auto-upload Good Turn Hours as well.

Keep up the good work.

Been using Scoutbook for a bit now, having to originally upload our roster in Excel.

SB still the best thing since the swiss army knife for Scout Leaders.
It makes managing and reporting advancement for 80+ boys and YPT for 40ish adults much easier.

A few things.

No data has been lost. The developers have stated it all converted. The problem is not all the data is showing for all of the Scouts. If you have a Scout with missing log data, click the Download Previous link on the left portion of the page. This will run an Activity Log report that will contain all of the data.

A fix for the display issue is being tested and should be released shortly.

The Scoutbook calendar was never connected to the Activity Logs. A feature of the Scoutbook Feature Assistant for Chrome and Firefox populated a Quick Entry screen to update the logs. This function was broken with the new logs.

So i try to access my activity log and get the following error

Error

Unable to find the person for the given GUID

Any idea how to access it.

1 Like

Went to record a hike I did with my kids yesterday, was able to enter the hike for each of them. All of my own hiking and camping info I’ve tracked for myself over the past two years isn’t there, and I couldn’t add the hike for myself.

2 Likes

I feel like you have said that before, maybe during the last update. This one is frustrating; now that Conservation logs are in the system, I wanted to updated some of the 2019 Conservation activities to conservation related and I can’t even access them, except for a report.

How do we enter new activities for our entire Troop, once we are able to camp and hike again? Why can’t we add activities from Scoutbook vice IA2? Also, how do we edit the ones imported from Scoutbook?

@JohnBenedict - adding new activities is done in IA2 > Activities > click on the plus select the type and enter the info. You do not need the address and zip code. Then save it. I added our planned two weeks of summer camp last night. Not difficult at all. As far as 2019, that data has already been submitted in JTE or it should have been so going back and changing that is not such a good plan. At least that is my opinion.

Why didn’t they put the activities into ScoutBook vice IA2? Now we have two places we need to “visit” for an event vice fixing the calendar issue and having it feed the logs.

As for 2019, we have more than enough Service Hours/Projects to keep our JTE level. I will leave it be for now and concentrate on 2020, when we can do things again.

This is the major problem I have with the new “updates”. Why can’t we have the scouts log their own information? Their Scout Handbook has a place to log it. Why did we need to restrict the people who can add to this or even look at it (I can’t even look at my own sons’ information!)

Stephen

Scouts are able to log their own activities via Scoutbook or the Scouting App, available for both iOS and Android.

Are you connected to your son as a Parent/Guardian in Scoutbook? The developers have told me the issue with parents not being able to access the new logs has been fixed.

I respectfully beg to differ. Escalated at your request

1 Like