New Scouts (and adults) to existing Scoutbook calendar events

When a new Scout is added to a unit, he or she should automatically be added to all events based on his or her membership. In Cub Scouts a new Wolf should be added to all Pack and Wolf calendar events. Leaders shouldn’t have to waste time manually clicking through all calendar events and picking the new Scout to add them to each event and then confirm that the mouse click actually worked and the event saved properly.

This should be able to be implemented by using some sort of group feature where the pack consists of groups for each den and each rank. The 20+year old data management software I use for work has done this since day 1.

I understand similar posts may be on this forum, but I could not find a way to add my comment to them as some appeared locked. I apologize if this is a duplicate, but I personally have wasted hours adding my new Scouts to events or simply not scheduling stuff in advance and risking Scouts booking other commitments over Scouting.

Regards,
Mark E

6 Likes

Concur … (there… 20-character limit met)

This is currently on the backlog. We do not know when it will be scheduled for implementation.

The volunteer written and supported Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook for Chrome and Firefox can easily add additional attendees to multiple events simultaneously. See Feature Assistant - What is it? for details.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.