Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

New Unit Payment Logs

This is an awesome new feature! We really like being able to use paypal and it makes payment tracking easier. I have one request… PLEASE ADD IT TO ADULTS! Adults have activity log, it doesn’t make sense why its not available for adults as well.

@TraciScott - through the Scouting App, the user can determine the amount they wish to pay. If it’s $5 or $100 on a $20 due

With a business account you can avoid transaction fees two ways:

1. They can send to a friend using your @name handle.
  2. They can make a payment to your PayPal.me URL but must un-check “Goods & Services” or fees will apply. I’ve had that page “skipped” and had to use the Back button in the browser to go back and un-check the “Good & Services”.

NOTE: Using the “Request Money” and “Invoices”, which are always for “Goods & Services”, will both result in transaction fees to the unit.

These are the instructions I have been using for our Troop:

Paying with PayPal:

IMPORTANT: Make sure it is a SEND CASH action, NOT a PAYMENT; otherwise the FEE will be deducted from your payment.

Send Cash to Friend: @TroopXxx - Choose Friend or fees will apply.

-or-

PayPal.me: https://PayPal.me/TroopXxx - Uncheck Goods & Services or fees will apply. Use browser back if it skips without giving a chance to choose.

1 Like

You can view your transaction and transfer limits by going to “Account Settings > Limits”.