Not Connecting to a Scout

We had a new scout join our pack. I approved his application and he came into scoutbook today. Scoutbook will not let me connect to him. Should this not be automatic as I am the committee Chair?

Nothing I have tried will allow me to connect. any help. This is the alert I get

Go to Unit Roster > click your name > click your positions > click Admin > Click update

you have to follow this path for it to work

Ok thanks I have to do this every time? Does every leader need to do this or once i have him assigned to a den it will connect them?

once connected - you can make the connection in connection manager

RIght but i guess my question is, every time i get a new scout do i need to do this same procedure or is there some reason we did not connect this time?

David,

Sometimes connections between admins and new Scouts that are brought in by Member Update are not made until several hours after they are placed into the unit because Scouts are moved into the unit by one process and connections made by another. The situation may have resolved itself. We are working with the BSA to get them to improve the process to eliminate the time gap.

1 Like

Sometimes there are multiple steps in the process. They may come in initially without connections. Then, a later job adds them. I’m not sure if that’s the case here. As Ed indicated, we try to pinpoint the issues and work with the developers to clean them up. We appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming if the issues persist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.