New Scout with no connections

I have a newly registered scout who shows up in Scoutbook with no assigned den and no connections. The scout was added to Scoutbook via a sync. The issues is that since she has no connections, we can’t do anything with your account; assign to den, add connections, etc.

I would send an email to support but the last 4-5 support tickets have went unanswered.

Is there anyone here that can help?

Have a Pack Admin:

1. Go to the Pack Roster page.
  2. Click on the name of a Pack Admin.
  3. Click on the adult’s Pack Admin role.
  4. Update.

You might need to repeat with other Pack Admins in order to reset the Admin’s connections to all Scouts in the pack.

1 Like

That fixed it so that I can access the scout. As you assumed, I will have to do that with all admins. Uhgg!

Any idea why we’re not getting responses to emailed support tickets?

Ah ha! When updating the scout’s den, the other admin connections are established. There is no need to update every admin. This approach will save some time from the alternative.

I know from other threads that support’s been slammed pretty heavily in recent weeks, both by unexpected staffing outages and by higher-than-usual demands. Some tickets are getting addressed quickly, and others not so much.

Part of what makes it seem like things are being ignored is that, in some cases, the only response beyond an automated email is the problem having been fixed. If fixing the issue is dragging on, then support isn’t always great about reaching out to say “We’re working on it, but it’s taking longer than we thought. No ETA at this time.” That’s a common support problem, in my experience, and not just a Scoutbook support issue.

Awesome! Thanks for this question and the answer. Everything worked just fine for me without incident a couple of days ago and today I ran into this problem and this solution solved it!

This worked for me! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.