OA eligibility reporrt

I have a youth who has completed 16 nights in her camping log. 5 of those are long term camping and 11 are split between her crew and troop. However, when I run the OA eligibilty report it says she is not eligible as she only has 5 long term camping nights and 5 short term nights. It isn’t a troop vs crew thing either. She has met all other requirements and can run in the election but this is a little frustrating.

Do all 11 short-term nights appear in her camping log? I haven’t encountered this issue before.

I phrased that first bit poorly. What I meant was, do they all show up whether you view it from the crew side or the troop side? I’m trying to sort out whether there’s a background problem.

Yes they do. 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2.

are they entered as nights and not just days?

Both nights and days are entered. In the roll up of her camping log it shows Total Nights: 16.

I think it might be the one nights - I think there is something in the rules that says they don’t count

• checking

From OA Eligibility: Membership | Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America

Have experienced 15 nights of camping while registered with a troop, crew, or ship within the two years immediately prior to the election. The 15 nights must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of at least five consecutive nights of overnight camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scouts of America. Only five nights of the long-term camp may be credited toward the 15-night camping requirement; the balance of the camping (10 nights) must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps of, at most, three nights each. Ship nights may be counted as camping for Sea Scouts

OVERNIGHT is allowed.

I don’t believe there’s any floor on the number of nights.

ETA: Q/A: Camping Requirement Interpretation | Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America

@WillSandoval, does the long-term show 6 days and 5 nights? I’m wondering if that’s what’s getting it hung up. The official OA rule specifies 6 days and 5 nights, so if it’s listed as 5 days and 5 nights, it might be interpreting that as not meeting the rule.

Under the Scout’s Edit Profile, what dates do you see for “Date Joined Scouts BSA” and “Date Joined Venturing”? The code is supposed to use the earlier of these two dates.

Six days and five nights.

Dates are 2/1/2019 for Scouts BSA and 3/1/2018 for Venturing.

The report must be run from the unit that is doing the election and the rank/award must match. For example, if you run the report from a Troop, she must be first class or above. If you run the report from the Crew, she must have earned the Discovery award.

Camping nights don’t matter as long as they are after the earlier of Date Joined Venturing or Date Joined Scouts BSA.

Bummer. Another perfectly good idea down the drain. :slight_smile:

I assume that the scout/venturer shows her First Class rank/Discovery award as Leader approved in her Scoutbook record? You mentioned that she had met all of the other requirements, and I was wondering if maybe the code is not catching the Discovery award as satisfying the eligibility criterion.

are all the nights within the last 24 months?

So, we are running the report from the troop. She is first class and has 16 nights camping. She does not have the Discovery Award.

Or within 24 months of the date entered in the report for the election?

Yes, earliest is March 2, 2018.

Can you post a screen shot of the camping log (without her name)?

And what is the Date Joined Scouts BSA and Date Joined Venturing listed as?