OA Eligibility Report - Youth's menu

Please make OA Eligibility Report available in the Youth’s menu.

1 Like

currently youth do not have access to other youth records

1 Like

Yes. I know. And that makes sense.

But I believe they should be able to run the report to determine their own eligibility. The data should be filtered for that one youth.

1 Like

@LauraBoyer - the report is only as good as the camping logs that generate it. If the scout has entered camping nights then the would know based on the election requirements.

2 Likes

Yes. I know this too. We have routed our youth to their logs.

However, there is a bit of math to the calculation. Example: two years prior to election date, only 1 long term, only 3 of a 4 night camp out.

It just would be nice for them to have a report to run to validate their own status versus sifting through camping logs and manual calculation.

2 Likes

@LauraBoyer - I logged in as my son and in his profile > reports I selected activity log, then selected only camping logs then set the date range for 2 years and it pulled up the entries with totals. The other part to this is the assumption that ALL scouts are connected to scoutbook and log in. That connection being established by their parents.

1 Like

Yes of course, for the youth to be able to run any report for themselves they must be invited by their parent into scoutbook.

In your example, if the date range included multiple long term camping events and/or events which were 4 nights in the log, it is still up to the youth to interpret and filter.

Honestly, since the report already exists, I didn’t believe this request to be such a problem or get such push-back. Seems like a filter to include only the youth logged into scoutbook needs to be added and then the report to display in the youth’s pop-up menu, … like the rest of the reports in the youth’s menu.

3 Likes

We can add this to the backlog but I would not expect to see anything done with it for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.