Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Payment Log Report shows former scouts

I’m not sure if this is a bug or possibly a purposeful change of functionality – but unit payment log reports have begun showing logs for scouts who are no longer registered members of the unit.

One of the ways I use payment log reports is to get a current status of what is owed by each scout. The easiest way I know of to do that is by selecting ALL in the date range, and looking at the list at the bottom. Unfortunately, that now includes many former scouts as well, making it decidedly less useful. If this is a purposeful change, could we get a checkbox to limit the report to currently registered scouts only?

This is a fully intended change of functionality to include previous Scouts, for several reasons, including the ability to see outstanding balances.

From the report perspective, however, I agree it is getting cluttered with past scouts. From that perspective, perhaps the option should be to “Hide previous members with Zero Balances”.

3 Likes

I would still prefer the option to hide all previous members, especially since as far as I know, there’s no way to access their accounts to zero them out if they were not at zero balance when they dropped off the roster.

Click on Search Payment Logs on your Unit page. From that page you can search for previous members then zero their balance if you are going to write it off.

I’ve requested a change to hide zero balance payment logs on the Summary and Balance report for former members when the Financial Statement is selected, if they have no transactions in the current Detail report (based on the filter). So basically, if you select the report for the last month, you wouldn’t see them.

1 Like