Permissions for Scoutbook not working in Internet Advancement

I am new to a Troop leadership position and have been assigned admin privileges for my Troop in Scoutbook. I am able to edit calendar events in Scoutbook (old interface). When I go to the new Internet Advancement site, I am unable to edit events through the new interface. I do not have a “View” associated with the Troop (only the Parent/Guardian view). Should permissions from Scoutbook automatically populate the permissions in Internet Advancement?

4/29/2024: Update - I found that if I cleared my cache/cookies, the proper view for Troop permissions showed up.

@AndrewKelley - i gather you are properly registered with the troop. What is your position showing in my.scouting.org?

it takes a little over 24 hours to get to IA

I believe I am properly registered with the troop, but I’m not sure. In my.scouting.org it shows me as " Unit Scouter Reserve" for the Troop.

Thanks. The troop updated my privileges in Scoutbook a week ago, but I don’t seem to have the same privileges in IA.

@AndrewKelley - personally, I would prefer the committee member registration for a unit admin. USR does not seem appropriate for a unit admin role.

Do the IA permissions come from the unit position (as opposed to the Scoutbook permission settings for the user)? If so, I can ask that the Troop change my position in my.scouting.org to see if that fixes the issue.

Donovan has asked the developers for guidance. I’d have thought it should work for you.

@AndrewKelley - the committee member is a different registration code and requires training for the position. Mind you this was just the opinion of this committee chair.

Okay, thank you for your help!

Oh, okay. Thanks for your help.

@AndrewKelley I could setup a screenshare with user to see

Sure - that works for me. How do we do that?

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green envelope > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.