Please add warning to training modules that progress will be lost

Please add a warning to the training video pages along the lines of “please be aware that progress will be reset if you don’t complete the training in one session or if you switch devices.”

I was 80% complete (on an iPad) with the Hazardous Weather video then stopped, assuming I could resume the next day. Two days later I logged into my.scouting.org on my Win 10 desktop (Chrome browser) only to find my progress had been reset back to 0%. I did a few pages on the desktop then decided to switch to the iPad so I could listen in other parts of the house. I logged in on the iPad only to see the progress had been reset again!

I understand if saving progress is a limitation of the system, but that fact should be stated up front, to avoid frustrating situations like this. Thanks.

2 Likes

This would be helpful. I tell everyone to sit down at a PC, do it in chrome, do an incognito window, and once started, finish. Don’t take a break.

We will report this to our LMS vendor as bookmarking should be working.

2 Likes

@TimothyRogers

Does the bookmarking save the state in the DB or in cookies? If it is being saved in cookies, then the member must return to the same device/browser to complete the training.

It should be stored in the student record on the LMS

| Ed D’Avignon edavignon Scoutbook User Advisory Council
July 29 |

• | - |

@TimothyRogers

Does the bookmarking save the state in the DB or in cookies? If it is being saved in cookies, then the member must return to the same device/browser to complete the training.

1 Like