Protect yourself rules not an option for Webelos Rank but it is for AOL

I see that in the Arrow of Light Rank Requirements, Protect Yourself Rules is an option in Scoutbook in place of Cyber Chip.

Webelos Rank did not have that option. It seems like every Cub rank except Webelos I has this option.

1 Like

I see Protect Yourself Rules as an option for Webelos.

Try checking the Webelos rank version year toggle and make sure that it is set to the most current version (2019-2020).

looks good!

I marked the rank completed already, and can’t seem to unmark it to find out which version. I will assume you have figured out the issue.

I just followed suggestions from a post search to mark it complete without filling in cyber chip

but then looked again and thought I found a bug

If the Webelos rank has already been marked as Earned in Scoutbook, you would need to:

1. Click on the box next to where it says “Earned”
  2. Uncheck the boxes next to “Approved / Recorded” and “Awarded” (as applicable).
  3. Save.
  4. Click on the box next to where it says “Earned” again.
  5. Remove the “Date earned”.
  6. Save.

Then the version year toggle should reappear.

Please keep in mind that Scoutbook does have an auto-complete feature where if all underlying requirements are marked as completed, then the rank will also be marked as completed. If this is the case, then you would need to temporarily remove one of the requirements, so that the auto-complete is stopped from auto-completing.

That worked! Thank you for walking me through this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.