Python Requests is blocked from accessing Scoutbook

I am creating a website for my troop, and I would like to embed the Scoutbook calendar in the site. Since iCal links are provided, I found this utility to display the upcoming events. However, it uses the Python requests module to get the calendar information. After it gave a few errors that I then investigated, I have concluded that Scoutbook is blocking HTTPS requests that have a user agent of python-requests. I understand that this may be to block crawlers or denial-of-service attacks, but the module allows the User-Agent header to be changed, making for an ineffective filter. My request is for this filter to be removed since it can easily be circumvented and there are plenty of use cases where a little automation can make for a more seamless user experience. Alternatively, it could just be removed for requests to the ics/ directory so that more calendar integrations are possible.

Below is a sample of code that doesn’t work due to the filter. (The requests module first needs to be installed with pip.

import requests

requests.get("https://www.scoutbook.com/") # Returns a 404 response