Questions on the March 1 Adult leader update

I cannot begin to state how devastatingly painful this is going to be for our unit! ScoutBook has been the one place we could accurately track leader positions, including all the additional roles we each do, & get things done while waiting on Council. Before COVID, Council was notoriously slow to process applications & rarely ever updated the My.Scouting roster, even after Recharter. Anytime I would call to ask for roster fixes, they told me to just make it in the next Recharter. Now that majority staff is let go, & Council is volunteer run, good luck. My Pack’s Recharter has yet to be processed after 2 months, meaning Online Registration is currently blocked, meaning I literally CANNOT get my new Tiger Den Leader registered!
Each year newbie parents take up Den Leader and/or Den Admin for at least Lion & Tiger dens, I assign them the role in ScoutBook so that I can train them on the use of ScoutBook & DLE & they can gain the necessary hands-on experience. It is hard enough to recruit Cub leaders these days, adding more roadblocks & hassle is so far beyond the last thing we need right now…
We are taught in BSA Leader training to start by giving a parent “just one small task”, & now you’re flipping the script to say it just can’t be anything to do with calendar, or activity logs, or purchase orders, or…

4 Likes