Recharter Error - Whoops! Looks like your unit has a charter expire date that isn't December 31, 2021 or later. To complete recharter, you you'll need to access the old system. If you have any questions, please reach out to your local council

I’m assisting with a unit recharter and verified that their recharter date is 12/31/2021 from the roster portion of commissioner tools.

When the committee chair logs onto Internet Rechartering, they receive this as a pop-up. I verified with the council registrar that their unit charter expiration is, indeed, 12/31/2021 and is at a loss as to what to do to enable them to continue.

It is Troop 82, Bighorn District, Greater Wyoming - Longs Peak Council #62.

Thank you, in advance, for any advice/corrective action you can provide.

Yours in Scouting,
Lou Leopold
Assistant Council Commissioner
Greater Wyoming - Longs Peak Council #62

What is their individual expiration showing as? I’ve had an issue in the past where my expiration was some random mid-year date that coincided with Scouting Alumni & Friends membership instead of the proper membership. It could be something like that going on.

Council needs to open a national ticker

1 Like

When I look at the unit roster, all of the members expiration also show 12/31/2021 in addition to the unit’s expiration of the same date. I verified that the committee chair is using the proper BSA member ID for his position.

I’ll have the council registrar file the ticket with national to address the unit issue.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. I have gotten good advice from others like yours in the past with what may appear to be an obscure issue, so very much appreciated.

Yours in Scouting,
Lou

1 Like