Replacement for online Youth Trainings that run on Flash

So, as your web browser has probably been telling you for the past two years, Adobe Flash Player will be decommissioned at the end of 2020. That means that some of the youth trainings, specifically the Den Chief training and the Venturing Officers Orientation training, will no longer function at the end of the month. Is a replacement currently being worked on, or will these trainings not have an online version going forward. Personally, I’d love to see these trainings integrated into the training.scouting.org portal, along with some other youth training opportunities.

Are you sure that the current Den Chief training uses Flash? I see no indication of flash, but maybe I am not looking in the right spot.

Den Chief Training (scouting.org)

It is clear the Venturing one does require flash.

I guess it doesn’t. I just took it a few weeks ago, and thought it said it was using flash, but I must have been mistaken. I disabled flash just now, and the Den Chief training works just fine.

1 Like

Venturing still has the issue that must be resolved. It would be sad to lose good training in the meantime.