SCO_800 HAZARDOUS WEATHER TRAINING - bug

@TimothyRogers any word on getting this fixed. I am starting to get leaders from my district unable to finish because of this bug.

@John I suggest they clear their cache and try again. Tim already deployed a new version.

I have done all of that and it is still not working.

Once you complete them all, there is a continue button, have you seen that?

@JohnGeiser on 10/13, Tim marked you as complete in the system. Check your Training Completions and see if it is recorded there.

Yes he did. I just went in and started the training again after clearing my cache and it did the exact same thing that I have listed above. There is something wrong with the training and it needs to be fixed sooner rather than later given it is recharter time and a lot of people will be taking it.

Started in windstorm and it took me straight to weather signs just like before. Windstorm not marked as complete. I am not taking the training because it is due, I am taking the training because I am a district training chair and want to make sure the trainings are working for my volunteers.

1 Like

John are you going through the system like a normal user, or are you using the Table of Contents?

@RonaldBlaisdell like a normal user.

I engaged Tim again, but I have him looking at Weather Signs (#9) since that is the one not complete. @JohnGeiser you mentioned the need for the training to be fixed for recharter - since there is no National requirement for someone to be positioned trained for recharter, that should not hold up any recharter actions. Only an expired YPT would stop someone from re-registering in a position.

@RonaldBlaisdell
There are several Councils that require direct contact leaders to be fully trained before they can recharter. This could hold up recharter of some leaders.

National requirement - that is the ONLY thing the re-charter system checks.

So, unless the Council will go through the registrations and training of every volunteer at recharter, there is no automatic system that holds them up.

@edavignon is correct. Our council requires all direct contact leaders to have YPT and Hazardous weather. And they do check.

2 Likes

@JohnGeiser - and I believe so in Washington Crossing

I have multiple new Den Leaders reporting this in the past two weeks, through 10/14.
As a required course this needs some higher attention. Maybe not for recharter, but it affects JTE scores (which turns in with recharter in my area), the ability for leaders to register for BALOO or Wood Badge, earn their Trained patch, etc

@JoshMonasmith have any reported the issue since 10/13, when a fix was deployed? If so I need to know browsers, operating system, and if they have cleared their browser cache, or are operating in a private browsing (aka Incognito mode) window.

1 Like

Another revised version of Hazardous Weather Training was loaded onto the system today about 1:00 p.m. ET. Please make sure your volunteers clear the cache on their browsers, or use a private browsing window (like Chrome’s Incognito mode) when they access the training.

1 Like

Fixed now for me thank you.

1 Like

I am not seeing this as fixed. Used Safari (preferred) and Chrome. Cleared all cookies and cache and used Chrome with and without incognito mode. Each time I complete a topic in the training and then “return to hazardous weather training” (top left), when I return to the training and click “continue where left off” it shows that none of the topics are completed. I was able to get the progress to 98% in Safari and then when I cleared all cookies and cache all browsers reverted back to 90% on the main training page and when entering the course none of the topics are reflected as completed.

Safari - iOS, iPadOS, or MacOS?

Can’t diagnose problems without specifics. If iOS what model iPhone?

I hate to say it but you will probably have to start over. I know I’ve done the initial quiz so many times now I think I could do it with my eyes closed. lol