SCO_800 HAZARDOUS WEATHER TRAINING - bug

Well, then the bugs that are hard to reproduce will continue to be elusive. I’m not suggesting that they do this for end user support, but for efficient identification of development bugs. They have staff to troubleshoot bugs (hopefully). They could spend 8 hours troubleshooting to no avail, or spend 1 hour in a screen share to gather more data to get to the bottom. I guess it is a choice vs a budget issue.

3 Likes

I am having a similar issue with trying to get the hazardous weather module complete. I get all the way through Tornados and get hung up in weather signs and get a 494 error. Tried this on both a computer (Mac) and my phone (iPhone) with the same error at the same place. I’ve taken this training more than 10 times to try and complete and can practically do it with my eyes closed. Like others have said I need to complete this for recharter. Any help would be appreciated.

What web browser are you using? I’ve hear that these trainings don’t like safari (both of your devices are apple so I took a shot in the dark). Maybe try chrome?

I was able to finish it using a Kindle. Thanks for the recommendation on using another OS. Odd though every single other module had no issue. Just the weather one.

1 Like

Weather Hazard has had bugs for a couple years now. I first encountered, and reported it about 4 yrs ago, and it has been a popular topic in our district for awhile. Best course is keep taking it, it will eventually go through.

That really is a hard message to sell to the masses that want to take it, but are pressed for time and where they spend it.

1 Like

I hear ya, and totally agree. It is difficult enough to get folks in here to take training. I am just reporting how I eventually got around it, the last 2 times I had to take it. Odds are retaking and getting it to stick will take place before this legacy bug gets fixed.

When I first reported the issue, I was told it was my fault, and must have done something wrong. I then forwarded the screenshot of my completion to the help desk (does that even exist now? I couldn’t find it.) and then it was radio silence. I kept retaking the training over the course of 2 weeks, till it did register.

There is an open thread about an issue with Scoutmaster training not recording, I experienced that also. Only my screen shot of my completion was able to get someone in our Council to go log it.

Screen shot all completions, then someone can log it for you. If you can make it through.

And the reason I am here today, is because NYLT Course Directors Conference training is broken.

1 Like

as of 11/9/21 my leaders are not able to enroll in Hazardous Weather at all to update their training

I’m the Training Chair in SFL Council, as of 11/9 none of my leaders are able to enroll in Hazardous Weather at all to update- error message. I’ve tried Explorer, Google, and Firefox- no luck.

@LindaFredrick you said there was an error message? What was the message? Google Chrome is the preferred browser and make sure you have cleared your cache.

System message “Error at enrolling to this course, please try again”

@LindaFredrick

I noticed in your screenshot that you also had a YPT training tab open. Are you trying to take both training at the same time? I recommend closing thr YPT tab before taking the SC0_800 course.

1 Like

11/16/21 Same problem today, attempted multiple times and training always stops at first tornado section slide, no back or continue button; ends up 60% completion.

Please advise on how leader can get credit for his LAST module of the ASM classroom training needed for recharter.

@VictoriaMorgan - we need some additional information, please.

• Operating System
  • Browser
  • Did you clear your cache?
  • Did you try a private browsing mode (like Incognito on Chrome, or InPrivate browsing on MS Edge)?

Thank you!

Windows using Edge initially on SurfacePro (3 attempts)
leader successfully completed the other 15 courses of S24 within the past week on same device.

then tried Chrome on different device/PC
all 4 tries stopped at the exact same place, first slide of tornadoes
correction: third slide of tornadoes just becomes blank solid blue screen with only the pause button visible. there are no back or continue buttons.

have also tried private browser on Firefox, same exact stopping place;
VERY frustrated having to restart at the beginning every time and not getting even partial credit.
thanks for help

I replied with info (but not directly to your message, sorry)
please see thread for info
thanks!

@VictoriaMorgan -

Please have them try again (1 time) using Chrome on a PC with an Incognito Window and see if that does the trick, if not, please message me with name, council, bsa id #, and My.Scouting username.

I just tested it and it worked. I think they removed the menu screen to make it work. I am on chrome incognito.

@ChrisSandfoss so we need more information, please:

• Computer OS
  • Browser (just pick the last one)
  • Cache cleared?
  • Private browsing window? (I.e., Incognito mode, InPrivate window)
  • Where did you have issues, please be specific
  • My.Scouting username

My latest attempt in Chrome seems to have worked although once I competed the last session I did not get any kind of message or certificate showing the course was completed. It kicked me back out to the main login screen. When I logged back in It showed my progress was 100% with an expiration date of 11/18/2023.

1 Like