Scout book help

Hi, My Pack admin is having trouble changing my position and granting me admin user. They think that it is because I have two BSA numbers.
137460407 is with 082 - My adult leader number.
110178076 is with 596 - I think this is my number from when I was a scout long ago.
My name is Steven Woodward. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Well right now you are signed in under - 110178076 - and neither number has a current leader registration

1 Like

log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

Thanks you. I did add the other number and made 137460407 primary.

When you say neither number has a current leader registration, I am showing that my current position is Den Admin and my past position is Den Leader.

You have to be registered with the BSA to hold an adult leadership position. If you’ve submitted an adult application to your unit, they may need to follow up with council to see what happened to it. One of your unit Key 3 (CM, CC, COR) can always look at the official roster at my.scouting to see who’s currently listed as a registered scouter for your unit.

ETA: You can see your own current registered positions in you account at my.scouting. Use the same login you used to take YPT.

Thank you. I registered a year ago. I see myself in the pack roster in scout book.

What about at my.scouting? Every year, units have to recharter, and folks get dropped off the official roster by mistake all the time.

In myscouting, in my profile, under registrations, it says no registered positions. So, you think that’s the problem? One of the Key 3 need to update that?

That means council thinks you’re not registered. Leaders have to be rechartered every year.

Your unit needs to talk to the council to see if it was just an omission, but you likely need to submit a new adult application to re-register. Make sure your BSA ID is on the application and that your name and other identifying information matches what’s already on your my.scouting account to minimize the chances of getting a duplicate account created.

Thank you very much for your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.