Scout Leadership Roles Not Counting Towards Rank Advancement

I have two First Class Scouts currently working towards Star Rank. One is our Troop Quartermaster and one is our Troop Scribe. Both positions are showing under their individual leadership pages, but not as a position that is counting towards their 4 months of leadership for Star Rank. Both these positions are supposed to ‘count’ so not sure why they aren’t showing as such. Our Troop Bugler and Webmaster(as well as patrol leaders) are showing as counting.

@KraigZwiefelhofer - are the positions approved ?

Post the BSA # and we can look

Are you saying it’s not appearing in this?

@KraigZwiefelhofer it looks like the position for N. Shilts is assigned to a patrol - so it is a patrol position not a unit position, go in an unassign the patrol under the leader position

Yes, they have been approved.

Correct, that is the page I am looking at.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.30.00 AM
That is a patrol position that does not count for POR

A Unit position has the Unit under it

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.31.20 AM

(do not post names please)

Ok, I figured it out. The confusion on my end was that when I added the new positions in the second drop down box(after the position itself) lists the patrols in our Troop. I didn’t realize I SHOULDN’T click the patrol the Scout was in. That is what made it a ‘patrol’ position instead of a ‘Troop’ position.

Thanks

Yep - many large units use those positions for patrols

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.