Scout with 2 memberids in recharter roster even after merge and roster update

I have a scout who had 2 memberids. They were merged into his older memberid.

While, the ROSTER under my.scouting.org is correct, the recharter roster still shows the 2 memberids. Can I just delete the new memberid in the recharter roster?

Deborah

@DeborahDelano - have you clicked on refresh in the red banner just above the list of names ?

I clicked of ‘roster refresh’ in a light blue banner above the names.
I don’t have a ‘red banner’ with refresh.

@DeborahDelano - I most likely mixed up the color scheme between recharter and IA.

@DeborahDelano what are the BSA #'s

Here are the bsa memberids

14332850 - this is the one created when the father re-registered.

Well the second number is correct - that is where the Scouts registration is - I cleaned it up in Scoutbook - try refreshing your charter roster again @DeborahDelano

1 Like

Mr. McNeil, I did a refresh of our roster and I am still seeing both memberids under the recharter roster for our pack.

well you could remove the 091 one and keep the 850 one = or maybe try SHIFT + Refresh of page and try refresh roster again

Sometimes you have to wait overnight after we merge Scoutbook accounts.

Ok, I’ll look at it first thing in the morning.

Deborah

@DonovanMcNeil ,

Can you please help me merge these accounts.

The current one -132325470 should be the one used.

The other one- 129244939 was from a prior council (Indiana). I believe i may have some current training under that membership number that needs to be moved over to 132325470.

I have them both showing on my profile but cant figure out how to merge them.

@MichaelOpincar have you log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

@DonovanMcNeil Ive done all of that. they are both showing on the account. but the training is not. Any thoughts?

It usually takes at least one overnight cycle to merge the training. At least it did for folks in our unit with this issue.

@MichaelOpincar Part of the issue is that you have 2 usernames at my.scouting.

One is “X”
The other is “X” followed by a number

Which username do you want to keep?

Training SHOULD flow to primary

The profile that has a number in it should be the primary as it’s linked to the most recent activity. I unfortunately did my training on my old profile…without the number.

@MichaelOpincar Both usernames are currently linked to the same BSA member number, so you can pick whichever one you would like.

It looks like your training has already merged.

@MichaelOpincar, if it’s about whether the training showing up as completed in the recharter interface (e.g. YPT), you might need to reload refresh the recharter.

ETA: Thanks to @JenniferOlinger for the correction on terminology. I did mean “refresh” (something the unit can do), not “reload” (something that the council has to do).

1 Like